Rules for riding safely in Tokyo.
For a safe tour, we ask that participants follow some rules. These are also part of Japan's Road Traffic Law and Ordinances. Thank you for your cooperation.
- At ""STOP"" signs, you must come to a complete stop.
- When you cycle on the road, keep to the left side of the roadway.
- In some cases, bicycles can pass on sidewalks. However, pedestrians have the right-of-way and you must slow down.
- To make a right turn, you must cross two traffic lights (so as to stay on the left side of the road); first, cross the road by which you came, and second, cross the road onto which you are turning.
- Please wear a helmet. Children under the age of 13 must wear a helmet according to the law. Please ensure that adults also wear a helmet or hat for protection in the case of an accident.
- Riding side-by-side is prohibited. One cyclist must follow behind the other.
- Drinking alcohol is prohibited. Please refrain from drinking during the tour, as well as before the tour. If you arrive while under the influence of alcohol, we can not allow you to join the tour. There will be no refunds in such cases.
- For the most part, please do not ring your bike bell at pedestrians.
- Please refrain from smoking during the tour. This is primarily a non-smoking tour, with the exception of designated smoking areas.
thank you for your cooperation.
What to Wear and Bring
Please wear clothes suitable for cycling.
You may ride while wearing a skirt, but tight skirts are not considered suitable for cycling.
There are no special items that you need to bring. Also, ｗe cannot store your belongings during the tour.
We will lend you a helmet.
Every bicycle has a front basket. Small belongings can be stored here, but please use a backpack to carry things things that do not fit in the basket. We do not have any rental bags.
Windbreakers are handy to cope with sudden temperature changes. Convenience stores in Tokyo sell simple rain gear for about 700 yen.
Also, please bring your own drinks. There are many vending machines along the road, but if possible, please prepare your drinks beforehand.
Enjoy our tour.